Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An Excellent Mechanic in Datil!


Hi locals and visitors! FINALLY, I have found my mechanic! The BEST, the most HONEST mechanic I have ever known (except for my dad, of course). Family owned and operated GNC Repair Services is located at the junction of Highways 60 and 12 in Datil.

Gary Curry is the mechanic extraordinaire and Cheri, his wife, manages the office. They are newly opened but Gary has many years of experience and won't steer you wrong when it comes to repairs.

So the next time you need a mechanic or a second opinion give them a call at 575-772-5366. You'll be glad you did.

I sure was!

Gary and Cheri Curry of GNC Repair Services

4 comments:

  1. I was in Datil in 1995, just driving through the state. My friends and I were in a Chrysler Lebaron in the middle of winter (I know, we were idiots) and caught a snowstorm. We managed to snap a belt about 10 miles out of town and somehow cripple our way into Datil. The only thing open was the mechanic's shop. We met a fellow and his brother there, and they were kind enough to help us get back on our way.

    The mechanic's name I have since forgotten...but we talked a while, and he had been a Navy man for a couple of decades, working on a sub. Once he got out after his 20 years, he settled in Datil and opened up a motorcycle repair shop. We were lucky enough that he was there to help us (and open) that day.

    I'll never forget Datil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These people have not been in Datil for a long time. Some guy named Travis is there. No recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helyn,do you still monitor this site? I'm thinking of retireing and moving to this area and would like to discuss with a local about different issues. Rick A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of moving to Catron County ? DONT! WE ARE FUCKING FULL!!!

      Delete